JOB OPPORTUNITY- ACCOUNTS ASSISTANT
The Permanent Delegation of the Republic of Kenya to UNESCO is looking for a qualified and dynamic individual to fill the following position:
Job Title: Accounts Assistant- One (1) position
Type of contract: Fixed Term
The Accounts Assistant will:
- Monitor and review of programme implementation and taking corrective measures.
- Control of budgetary commitments;
- Compile information on commitment and expenditures trends and initiating appropriate corrective action as may be required;
- Compile information required on budget monitoring and expenditure control, including expenditures on salaries and allowance;
- Initial processing of reallocations within the budget;
- Monitor revenue and expenditure, prioritization of projects and activities for the purpose of financial allocation in the budget;
- Oversight of commitment of funds and expenditure trends in line with Treasury Circulars.
- Budget monitoring and reporting;
- Provision of strategic leadership on all matters pertaining to prudent financial management;
- Liaise with development partners;
- Undertake any other duties and responsibilities as may be required from time to time.
Skills and Competencies
- Numeracy and problem-solving skills;
- Strong analytical skills and ability to draft in English and French;
- Results-oriented and committed to continuous learning;
- Excellent communication skills for effective dialogue with staff, UNESCO secretariat, delegations, external partners and clients;
- Good knowledge of UNESCO’s areas of competence;
- Good knowledge of the United Nations system;
- Ability to work in a dynamic multilateral and multicultural environment;
- Proficient in Information and Communications Technology;
- Dynamic, flexible and a team player;
- Ability to work with minimum supervision ;
- Good organizational and coordination skills;
- Ability to conduct Web-based research;
- Ability work under pressure and meet strict deadlines;
- Excellent command of both English and French;
- Knowledge of other languages will be an added advantage.
Hold a first degree in Commerce, Accounting, Finance or Business Administration from a recognized institution or any other relevant equivalent qualification.
Qualification and Experience
- Proof of relevant experience
- An advanced degree (Master’s or equivalent) will be an added advantage
Deadline for Applications
Interested applicants should submit their curriculum vitae (CV) and application and any supporting documents as well as a passport size photograph to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by post at the address below so as to reach the Permanent Delegation not later than Thursday, 10th November, 2016 at 5.00pm. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Permanent Delegation of Kenya to UNESCO
1 rue Miollis
Tel :+33 1 45 68 32 81
Fax : +33 1 45 68 32 83