PURPOSE OF THE CHARTER
The Charter seeks to clearly define the mandate of the Permanent Delegation of Kenya to UNESCO. It provides awareness into our core functions, values and commitment to the Kenyan people and the global community.
- To effectively represent the Government and the people of Kenya within UNESCO;
- To promote our National interest within UNESCO, its affiliate agencies and partner organizations.
A Delegation that leads in the achievement of UNESCO’s goals.
To effectively represent Kenya within UNESCO by initiating, implementing and promoting activities that further the interests of Kenya within UNESCO’s mandate.
OUR CORE VALUES
The Values that guide us are:
OUR CORE FUNCTIONS
- Articulate and pursue Kenya’s national interests within UNESCO in line with Kenya’s Development Agenda;
- Represent the Government of Kenya in the decision making organs of UNESCO;
- Advise the Government of Kenya on UNESCO activities in liaison with KNATCOM;
- Initiate, enhance and maintain multilateral cooperation and agreements/conventions between Kenya, UNESCO, other Member States and organizations working within UNESCO’s fields of competence;
- Facilitate networking between UNESCO, the Government of Kenya and other organizations;
- Solicit technical and financial assistance as well as training opportunities for Kenya in UNESCO areas of competence;
- Seek, develop and communicate opportunities for collaboration and participation for Kenyans including lobbying for the employment of Kenyans at the UNESCO Secretariat.
- Government Ministries and Institutions
- The people of Kenya
- Kenya Missions and Embassies
- The Kenya Private Sector and Civil Society
- UNESCO Secretariat
- Permanent Delegations to UNESCO
- Relevant French Government Institutions
OUR SERVICE STANDARDS
The Permanent Delegation of Kenya to UNESCO is committed to provide high quality service to our stakeholders by:
- Responding to all enquiries in a timely manner;
- Promptly following-up all assignments;
- Effectively communicating new developments at UNESCO;
- Being accountable and transparent in use of resources;
- Accepting critical suggestions;
- Adhering to our stated core values.
You can assist us by:
- Providing accurate, timely information and documentation to facilitate prompt action;
- Upholding professionalism and integrity in your interactions with us;
- Treating our staff courteously and with respect;
- Provide critical suggestions to help us improve our services.